Data we collect
In order to use our service and create an account we need to collect and process some data which can include :
- Information that you provide by filling any TransferStarter forms (such as: Name, email, postal adress, country of residance)
- Login and password details (if you register on TransferStarter)
- Details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services.
- Information related to your activity on the site (such as your IP address and the type of device or browser you use)
- Any message or communication you send to us
What is private
We will not give any of listed information to any third-party services, except when it’s necessary to provide TransferStarter’s Services (for example when we partner with payment processors). We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Transferstarter’s legal rights. We will not publish or reveal any of those information for others:
- Any payment information you provide
- Your password details
- Your IP address
- Your phone number
- Any message you send us
What is public
When you create an account, we create a profile page for you on TransferStarter, which include your account name, the date the account was created, and a list of projects you have backed. Every time your account name appears on Transferstarter (for example in backers list), people can click your account name to see your profile. This is the list of the things that may be publicly viewable on Transferstarter:
- Display name (or e-mail if it’s not set).
- The date it was created
- Any information you choose to add to your profile
- Projects you've backed (but not pledge amounts)
- Please note that when you back the project your account will appear on backers list.
Uses of Your Personal Information
There are some circumstances in which we use your personal information but we do so only to:
- Identify you when you sign in to your account.
- Enable us to provide you with the Services.
- Send you marketing communications we think you may find useful, but only in accordance with your email preferences.
- Present projects to you when you use the Services which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Services.
- Administer your account with us.
- Enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Services
- analyze the use of the Services and the people visiting to improve our content and Services anduse for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.